Friday, December 17, 2010

Fashion Show

This was the first ever fashion show at LNHS. My apparel 2 students successfully pulled off a terrific show. I had 14 students wear and model their own garments. I can honestly say I have never been more proud of a group of students than I was Wednesday night. The girls chose their music, designed their programs, tickets, stage set up, and decorations. I was simply there for facilitating and running their errands. They sold tickets for $4 in advance and $5 at the door. Drum roll please......we sold over 100 tickets!!! We had a high goal of selling 100 tickets and we went beyond it. The girls were even able to make a profit.

Unfortunately I am unable to post pictures of my students online for my own personal use. However I do a few pictures to show you.
Scott was in Chicago so he sent me this beautiful flower arrangement.
My students think he is perfect. I have to tell him he isn't but he is
pretty close:)
Before I had to go on stage and introduce the show my girls handed me a gift.
I can't explain the chemistry between the class and myself but I have felt blessed all
semester long. I know these classes are few and far between.
I did not ask the girls to type up a thank you. They did this on their own.
We included this on the back side of the program.
If you can read it it is very well written and so sweet.
Front of the program.
14th Runway St. came from 14 girls in the class.
The theme was a winter night in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment