Friday, October 28, 2011

Productive Friday Night

God works in mysterious ways! I have been secretly stressing out about cleaning the junk room and getting it ready for a nursery. If you have been witness to this room you would understand my cause for concern. Our house is only so big....where is all of this STUFF going to go? I asked Scott about cleaning it out a couple of times. He didn't seem to concerned or worried about it. I on the other hand, believe that nesting is starting to kick in. Today at work I decided that if the room wasn't cleaned in 2 weeks, then I was going to go in and clean the room myself. If you are wondering why I didn't just start to clean the room to begin with the answer lies in that 3/4 of the room was filled with Scott's childhood memories, hobbies, and work stuff. However, when I walked in the door from work, Scott greeted me by telling me that he had decided to go ahead and start on the nursery:) Oh my, I could have started jumping for joy!!
I was so excited, I went up there to help him out. An hour later we made HUGE progress on the room. We have 3 piles. 1 goes to goodwill, 1 goes to my mom, and 1 is still work stuff, but he has great plans to get rid of it. The closet on the other hand is still full. I figure that we will get it out before Baby Carrigan comes. I told him how wired it felt to be cleaning out the room to make it a nursery. It still seems so surreal to us.
After cleaning, we went for a short 2 mile run. It felt so good to run. The air was chilly and crisp. Scott Allen has really picked up his speed. I had a hard time at the end staying beside him.
Then to ease the stress of tomorrow, we headed to the grocery store to get chili for tomorrow nights Halloween party. When we came home Scott and I cooked dinner together. We had Caprese Beef Tenderloin with asparagus. While our dinner was cooking we started on the chili. All Scott has to do is to put all of the ingredients together in the crock pot and let it cook all day.
This recipe is a must try! It was delicious and really easy. Also the perfect meal to share with the one I love after a long work week.

Gotta go get ready for bed. Tomorrow is Regionals for our Varsity team! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment