Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall is here!

Even though it is 80 degrees outside I couldn’t resist putting off decorating for fall any longer. While Scott worked yesterday I shopped for decorations. I didn’t have to feel guilty about wondering thru the store over and over again making sure there wasn’t something I missed the first few times. I started at Pier 1 and found tabletop accessories, then with a family and friends discount at Pottery Barn I did some more shopping, and thanks to Michaels for having their fall stuff already 60% off I didn't feel guilty about the last few floral items I purchased. When Scott came home the house had been transformed into our favorite season. The smell of pumpkin spice fills the air in our home. We are looking forward to mulled apple cider and pumpkin spiced doughnuts.

I have to admit this decorating was very therapeutic for me. I have had the itch to redesign our house lately, but this was a more economical cure for my itch. However, I did realize how much I miss the creativity designing allows me. In less than 2 months our house becomes a canvas again for Christmas!

I have included a few photos from my decorating weekend. By the way Scott was thrilled he didn't have to go shopping with me or help me decorate. I am pretty sure for once he was glad he was working the race.




1 comment: