Monday, November 1, 2010

Day off Friday

Friday was a teacher workday that I was determined not to work. I took work home last weekend so I wouldn't have to work Friday. Since my husband has a NEW job with an AMAZING schedule we were able to spend the day together. We started with the gym to advance burn off calories we were going to consume during the day.
For breakfast I made Trader Joe's pumpkin muffins. Then we went to the church where we were married to take a picture of the steeple. I wondered why our photographer's never got any good shots and after our visit I now know why. However, I did get this beautiful picture with my new camera:)

Then thanks to a gift card my mom and Chris gave me for my birthday we enjoyed an afternoon at Richard Childress Winery. We had a delicious lunch with a bottle of their Cabernet Sauvignon on their back patio. It was a little chilly but we were able to withstand the chill in the air. After soup and 1/2 a sandwich we splurged for a strawberry creme dessert.

Can you guess who picked out the dessert?
After a filling lunch we walked the property and took some pictures. We have become throughly impressed with Richard's wines and his vineyard.


Thanks to my sweet husband who took a crooked
picture just for me.

Vineyards

No comments:

Post a Comment