Sunday, February 27, 2011

Running for my sanity

As you have noticed from some older posts I have recently picked up running. Running has become a true blessing to me. Once I put on my running gear, lace up my sneakers, turn on my fancy new watch, and begin my playlist, I am ready to roll. While I am pounding the pavement my head begins to clear. Running is more for my sanity.
I have noticed a few changes in my mood and attitude. I have realized that I can in fact do anything. I would have thought it impossible for me to run 4.5 miles, but I put that theory to rest yesterday.
I feel better about myself. I know some see it as selfish to make running/exercising a priority in my life, but I feel that I am a better person. I have more energy, eat healthier, and have a more positive attitude. This leads me to be a better wife and teacher. My relationship with the Lord has also changed. This is my time of solitude. I am able to put trust and faith in God. I often find myself relying on him to give me the strength and endurance I need to run. Also, anything I need to talk to God about I am able to do at this time.
When I finish my run, yes I might be exhausted, but my soul and mind are rejuvenated.
I have listed some things that have gotten me from .25 miles to 4.5 miles. 1. The encouragement and support from my husband and family. 2. The time alone to clear my head or spend talking to God. 3. Fun and comfortable running gear. (There is no reason why you can't look stylish while running.) 4. The feeling of accomplishment and pride. 5. Signing up for races. 6. The toned legs. (So there might be a little bit of vanity). 7. The fact that I can outlast Scott:)
Now I just have to be able to run 1.70 miles longer and I will be ready to conquer the CRBR.
Rather if it is running or not I hope you all have something that you Crave. Something that doesn't hinder your relationship with God, your family & friends, or yourself. We all deserve a little bit of selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment