Monday, February 21, 2011

SURPRISE!!!!

A couple of weeks ago my Papa turned 80. My family decided that we were blessed to still have him in our lives. We knew we couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw him a small surprise party. Did I mention he lives in Oklahoma? Without any hesitation we booked plane tickets, hotel rooms, a rental car, and informed my cousin of our plans. She was more than happy to help plan Papa's party in OK. All we had to do was get there. Sounds simple enough, right? Oh, well that was the week where they got 18" of snow. They haven't seen that much snow since....well, a really long time. But God was on our side and with safe travels and one delay we all reached OK to celebrate.
Friday night we met up with my newly engaged cousin, her fiance, and nephew for dinner.
To say my mom is ready for grandkids would be an understatement.
It is scary how much Christian looks like his mom.

Saturday morning was the day we had been waiting for. It had been almost 2 years since we had seen Papa, so we were anxiously awaiting his arrival. To say that we surprised him would be putting it mildly. My unemotional Papa showed us how much he appreciated our efforts, while my emotional mom was well, emotional. It was a day none of us will ever forget.
Surprise!!!!
I still stand by the fact that I have the most hamdsome Papa.
My family hates goodbyes:(
Family portrait:)
Do you notice Scott's look alike?

Papa has already informed me that he will be alive for us to celebrate with him until he turns 140 years old. I love his optimism. He is a man that is respected, admired, deeply loved, and cared for by all of the women in his life. Growing up my mom would always say "my daddy hung the moon." As we got older we understood what she meant and share the same thought. I promise every daughter and granddaughter of his would tell you so. We love you Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment