Monday, March 21, 2011

Faith, Family, and Friends

These three things have always been important in my life. Some have been more important than others at times. But today I have realized that it is these 3 things that have gotten me and my family thru the past 2 weeks.
Faith- Why is it you always rely on God most in a time of need? Lately I have found myself praying and relying on God more than I do on a day to day basis. Why is it that I don't find myself "needing" God as much when things are running smoothly?
I cannot even begin to count how many people have had my family in their prayers. When you stop to think about it it is pretty amazing. Thanks to the prayers that God has answered and is still continuing to answer my dad is doing extremely well.
Family- It is life without them that I couldn't imagine.
In a time of need we have relied on each other for comfort, love, support, and company. It has been amazing to see my family come together no matter the differences. Over the past 2 weeks my dad has had a wife not want to leave his side, 2 kids spend their college spring break at the hospital, 2 daughters take off work, and a daughter from Boston fly in for one night just to see him.
I thought surely he could come up with a more exciting way to get us all together. But nevertheless this is what family does for one another. My dad continues to thank us for driving and visiting him. He seems to have a hard time accepting the fact that we want to be there.
Friends - The volume of friends and church members that have come to visit my dad have been incredible. The phone calls, visits, cards, prayers, and preparation of meals have been thoughtful and heartfelt.
I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to my friends that have stopped by the hospital, given us a place to crash, met us for dinner, sent cards, or helped out at work. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends. For those of you reading I hope you know your prayers and phone calls have meant the world to me. Thank you for your love and support.

1 comment:

  1. This post could not be more true! Everything you said brings tears to my eyes and gives me chills just to think about! The support of friends and family has been amazing and helped us Keep The Faith! :)

    ReplyDelete