Sunday, March 27, 2011

Radiating Love

I left Scott in Charlotte today while I headed home to Winston. I had a baby shower to go to, and also wanted to stop and see my dad. Every time I go back I always find myself longing to move back home. But this time I was looking forward to heading back to Charlotte to meet my husband for dinner.
To fix Scott's Italian craving we went to Macaroni Grille. We thought there wouldn't be too much of a wait but we were wrong. We decided to just sit at the bar and have dinner there. I am so glad we made this decision. We had the best time. I think we even had fewer people around us then we would have if we sat at a dinning table. We each enjoyed a cocktail while snacking on their bread, mediterranean olives, and stuffed pepadew peppers. We could have just ordered that for dinner and been fine. They were delicious. (peppers not shown.) Sitting beside us was an older couple who also chose not to wait for a table. The lady asked me if Scott and I were newly weds. When I replied "no, we have been married for just over 4 years," she seemed surprised. She said we were so cute together. She then told me that her and her husband had been married for 42 years. I let her know that it was encouraging and then we had a short, sweet talk about marriage. As they were leaving she wished us "many many many more years together." The conversation and the apparent love Scott and I have for each other made our evening. We hope one day we are sitting at a bar beside a young couple, and can tell them we have been married for 40+ years.

2 comments:

  1. exactly. you know I H-E-A-R-T this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest post ever! Probably because as I read it I could picture the radiating love the lady was talking about. Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete