Saturday, January 22, 2011

2nd race

I am running my second race and this time it is a 10k (6.2 miles). My very very dear friend Whitney and her sister, and myself are running the Cooper River Bridge Run April 2. The boys plan on drinking beer while the ladies conquer the bridge. I am really excited about this race and so happy to have a friend to run it with. I just wish we lived closer together so I could have a running buddy.
While I am feeling a little frustrated due to a pulled/strained groin muscle, I hope to be back and training next week. I have GIVEN into this pain and continue to nurse my leg with anti-inflamatories, ice, and heat. I am hoping this won't lead to a dr. visit. I have become quite ill with not being able to run:( God is most defiantly working on my patience right now.
Have a happy Saturday and stay warm. I will continue to numb my leg with ice:)

3 comments:

  1. Bethanye, you should be able to use heat at this point. If you cont. to take scheduled Aleve/Motrin (or whatever NSAID helps you), it should get better. I know it's up higher but you could also wrap it, therefore the muscle has support to heal. Just little tips :) I played Soccer and def. know how that feel, it just takes time!! Stay warm and enjoy your "lazy" time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many typos. Oops. I should read before I submit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran the Cooper River Bridge run back in 2006 with some girlfriends and had a blast! It is a beautiful run! We are hoping to run it again in a year or 2, or maybe after we move back to the South. Good luck training!!

    ReplyDelete