Saturday, January 8, 2011

I've been on a Roll

I have gotten back into cooking again. For the past year I had stopped with my "gourmet meals," but now I am back at it in the kitchen. I blame our extremely small kitchen for my lack of enthusiasm in the kitchen lately. However, I decided that I better suck it up and get back in the kitchen. I love cooking! Growing up my mom would always let her help cook or bake. I credit mine and my sisters love for cooking to my mom.
When I am in the kitchen cooking, I literally do not think about anything other than cooking. It is sort of therapeutic for me. Thanks to my wonderful husband who cleans while/after I cook. I must say that my messes while cooking have become quite minimal to what I used to create. I know Scott thanks me for this, however, usually he doesn't complain as long as I am cooking the meals. Below are some of our previous meals over the past couple of weeks. Yes these are all homemade.
Edamame...A favorite snack food for us while dinner is cooking.
Filet mignon topped with blue cheese dip and a side of vegetables.
Traditional New Years Day meal.
Black eyed peas= good luck
(Spinach) Greens= wealth
(Pork chops with cooked pears) Pork= health
cornbread= carbs:)
Asian style crab cakes with remoulade sauce.
A side of spicy baked cayenne sweet potato fries:)

No comments:

Post a Comment