Monday, January 17, 2011

Must have Monday

I have listed 3 items that have become must have items. I have just discovered all 3 within the past week and am so excited about them I wanted to share them with you.

First, Acorn house shoes. I have the same genes that my Nana had. Our hands and feet are always freezing. I will never forget always seeing my Nana in her blue house shoes with a matching robe in the winter time. Also anytime she would touch us her hands were freezing. I always remember thinking couldn't she just warm her hands up before she touched our bare skin? Well I now I know that they were never really going to be warm unless she wore mittens all the time. I have tried numerous different types of house shoes, but didn't find one that really kept my feet warm. I was looking for a few crucial things when purchasing a new pair of house shoes. They needed to cover my heels, be comfortable, have a sole that I could wear outdoors, hold up for many winter seasons, and not too expensive. I was able to find all of this in these new house shoes. Once I found these and the clearance price I knew they were worth a try. I am thrilled with them and wear them around the house all the time:)

Second, Garmin forerunner 305. I found this watch while reading some runners blogs. While this watch seemed really expensive I still really wanted it. The current watch I use now is never accurate on distance, and doesn't keep my time. So my sweet husband ordered this watch for me. He knew I would keep looking at it and talking about it, but never purchase it. This watch came with a heart rate monitor so I can see where my heart rate is while running. Also, this watch has a GPS in it which keeps my distance accurate. I can plug it in my computer and it will show me a map of where I just ran, it shows my race pace, timed mile, and so much more! If you love to run and enjoy running outdoors then I would without a doubt recommend this watch. Pictured watch and heart rate monitor.

Third, electronic toothbrush. I am a bit of an aggressive brusher. My toothbrushes never last longer than 1 month, because I have chiseled the bristles down to nothing. I never felt like my teeth were clean enough. I decided that I might want to give the electric toothbrush a shot. I just ran to Target to find one and was overwhelmed by the number of choices. The prices range from $69.99 to $189.99. For a toothbrush?:/ I then found an oral b for about $26. I decided before I dropped a ton of money on a toothbrush I would give the cheaper one a shot. I love this brush. I bought the one the "flosses" while it brushes. After brushing my teeth I feel like I have just left the dentist office. It also has a 2 minute timer to let me know when I have brushed for the proper amount of time. After having the timer I am pretty sure I never really brushed for 2 minutes. Opps. If you are in the market for a new toothbrush I would think about switching to an electric toothbrush.

What are some of your new favorite finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment