Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Break

This is a quick recap of my spring break this past week.

Monday- We ate lunch at Richard Childress Vineyards and then did a wine tasting. Then headed over to Dick's to get Scott some new running shorts:) Don't worry he made sure to buy the long length running shorts. He couldn't bear to wear anything to show off his legs.



Tuesday- We went to Birkdale for the day. While in Huntersville we stopped by Blacklion and I stocked up on some more of my favorite candles. Whit introduced me to these candles, and I won't go back to Yankee candles after burning these.
I made a delicious pasta dinner. Whole Wheat tortellini with spinach, onions, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, pasta sauce, and shaved parmesan. So easy and delicious! Since it was spring break after all we opened a bottle of sparkling wine that had been chilling in the fridge for a while.

Peony scent Tyler candle
Wednesday- Scott took me to go buy a new sewing machine once he got home from work. With my orders on headbands I need something to sew with. I have been using my mom's old machine which I found out was 27 years old. I think Scott just got tired of hearing my curse everytime I tried sewing.

Thursday- I went to cycle class with new clip ins for the first time. I have really wanted a pair of shoes for cycling, but never wanted to pay over $100 for shoes I don't wear very often. Scott found some shoes at Bike Line marked down to $50! They were a perfect fit. Yay! I really noticed a difference and felt like I was getting a better workout.

Friday- The weather was beautiful so we went to Morrow Mountain in Alblemarle. We had a run the next day so we didn't want to get into anything too strenuous. We did shorter easy hikes, but the views were still just as beautiful. Highlight of the hike was my Dirty Dancing moment:) After the hike we sat outside and snacked out Pirates Booty and sipped on a cold refreshing beer.
Then we meet Scott's parents for our pre run dinner at our favorite mexican restaurant. Then headed over to the Yogurt Lab for a sweet treat.
I wore my spi belt for hiking and Scott said it was a fanny pack.
hahaha. He has a spi belt too, so really he can't make fun of me.
If you run long distances or need something to keep car keys, id, phone, etc. this is a great accessory.
Peanut butter and dark chocolate yogurt topped with fresh berries and walnuts:)
Yum!!
Come back for the post about our run on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. those bike shoes are such a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refer to my ifitness belt as a "fanny pack" too. I'm a little bit embarrassed to wear it, but it is so useful for long runs! I wore it to a race for the first time last month - a half marathon. I feel less dorky wearing it around other runners :)

    ReplyDelete