Thursday, May 5, 2011

Skyline Run

As I mentioned in a previous post Scott and I ran our second race together in Uptown Charlotte. The week leading up to the race was my schools spring break. We were spoiled with sleeping in all week, but Saturday our morning started with an early wake up at 5:15.

Since we had to get up so early I laid everything out the night before.
Scott approaching the finish line.

I was successful in finding a grumpy man to take our picture after the run.
Check out that great headband.

After the race they had local vendors set up and a live band. The weather was
beautiful so we decided to hang out for a little while.

This race was my PR. I ran it in 26:56. Avg. 8:40 pace. Since my first 5k 5 months ago I have been able to shave close to 3 mins. off my time. It must have been the yogurt the night before:)
Mile 1 8:50
Mile 2 8:39
Mile 3 8:32
Mile .13 :53

No comments:

Post a Comment