Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's Contagious



This guy gives a whole new meaning to running barefoot.
He passed me about mile 2 with his bare feet pounding on the ground.



Scott crossing the finish line. We really need to work on getting him faster.



I want a picture of me crossing the finish line.



Until then, I am happy to cheer him on as he crosses. Very sweaty after this race.



This reminds me of a quote I found, "No one has died from drowning in their own sweat."




This is the whole reason Scott ran the race. Great Harvest Bread Co. sponsored it,
so after the race they were passing out free samples of bread. This is so delicious and
This the pecan bread with cinnamon and brown sugar.



Ready for the contagious part?



Ashley agreed to run a 5k with me in September called the hit the brixx run September 17. Ashley has been working very hard in the gym to build up her running. Last she and I talked she is up to 1.5 miles running without stopping! I am so proud of her.





My mom and Chris are training for their first triathlon on September 18! I am so proud of them I cannot even tell you. Mom just bought her some new running shoes yesterday and already went running with Chris this morning.



I would like to think that my training and dedication has given them some inspiration! Well we can all dream can't we? I am hoping that one day maybe we can all complete an event together. Ashley, Mom, and Chris I am so proud of you guys for taking on the challenge of your race/event. I will be there to run with you and cheer you on! Good luck on training.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetness - you have been and continue to be an inspiration to me in many aspects of life. I am so proud of you for your commitment and persistence in training and setting goals that challenge you. BTW - Chris and I will be there cheering you and Ash on during the Brixx race on the 17th.

    Thank you for being a constant source of encouragement.
    I love you so and will write more later,
    got to go ice down the old joints ~ mom

    ReplyDelete