Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rain rain go away

Scott and I just ran our first 5k together this morning. Yesterday we received an e-mail saying "The run will happen rain or shine." While I was really pulling for no rain, I woke up this morning at 6 to a down pour. The rain tapered off by the time we left the house this morning, but once we started walking to the start line the rain picked up again. We both said that we wouldn't melt in the rain, and thought the challenge would be fun to run in the rain.
Once we started the rain turned to a sprinkle and wasn't a bother. We were so lucky. I am very thankful that I did wear my hat (with a bill).
The turn out was really impressive for a small run in the rain. Now we are enjoying the rest of the morning on the sofa with hot coffee and our lazy dogs.
I laid everything out the night before so I didn't have to worry about this morning!
Pre run. See how gloomy it is outside.

Post race photo! All smiles:)
Coby needed some attention from dad while he was resting.
I needed a hot cup of coffee!

Today's race was so successful Scott has agreed to run the Charlotte Skyline run April 30 with me. We are going this afternoon to sign up for it! Hopefully that run won't be rainy. Now time for a shower and a nap. I was so excited last night and this morning I didn't get much sleep. Dork, I know:)
In case you were curious I ran in 27:38 my Garmin time.
Mile 1: 8:49
Mile 2: 8:49
Mile 3: 9:30
Mile 4: 00:29 (8:11 pace)


No comments:

Post a Comment