Monday, April 4, 2011

Cooper River Bridge Run

This past weekend I ran in my second race. I joined 40,000+ runners to conquer the bridge run in Charleston, SC. Whit and I decided we wanted to run the race together. I am so happy that we ran together pretty much the whole time. It was great to have a running buddy. We kept each other going and high fived at the top of the bridge! I started loosing steam after mile 5 and she surged ahead.

Break Down of 6.2 miles
Mile 1 9:04
Mile 2 10:07 (the bridge)
Mile 3 10:16 (yep, still on the bridge)
Mile 4 9:26 (downhill and flat road)
Mile 5 9:52
Mile 6 10:07 (loosing the steam)
Mile 7 2:06 (on pace for a 9:06 mile. I found the energy)
Garmin time: 1:00:59 (I am liking this time better)
Chip time: 1:01:09 (20 seconds slower)
Overall finish 11,887
Female finish 4,673


The night before I had everything laid out and ready to go for our early morning wake up call.
I am such a type A person.

I was soooo happy to see 2 people on the side lines cheering for ME!
I love this picture and this girl.
Whit and I after the run:)
My sweet husband was so proud of me.

Since December the two of us have completed 2 runs together. Are you ready for our next run?!?!?!
Drum roll please. pppppprrrrmmmmmm Virgnia Beach Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon! We are so excited! We both
are looking for local running groups to join in our areas to help us train and stay motivated. I am looking into
Stay tuned as you will see and read about my training for the 1/2 marathon.

1 comment: