Monday, November 21, 2011

21 weeks


I am over half way there and cannot believe it!

Gender: Boy, Reece Allen Carrigan

Size: Reece should weigh about 3/4 of a pound now, and the length of a carrot or banana.

Movement: I love the movement of this little monkey. It is a feeling that cannot be described. I will sometimes just lay in bed in the mornings and not get up because he is moving around. I know once I get up and move he will stop. I have been feeling him move just a little bit throughout the day. It feels like he is swimming inside of me sometimes. Instead of a runner maybe we have a swimmer:) I also feel him kick. He has moved up higher within the past 2 weeks and I have felt him just a little bit below my belly button. Scott is dying to feel him move. He said though that it was a feeling worth waiting for. I think he still has another 2 weeks before he will feel Reece, so in the meantime it is a bonding experience for Reece and I.

Weight: I have gained 7 lbs. Dr. seemed pleased and said I am right on track. She said by the next appt. I should have gained 4-5 more lbs. This I am not going to lie is something hard to do since I have been working so hard for the last year to lose weight. BUT I know it is for the health of this little guy so it does make it all worth it:)

Clothing: I bit the bullet and went Saturday to buy some shirts to wear. All of my shirts seem to be stopping a little short of where I would like them to fall. Current favorite maternity item is the belly band. My pants are really really tight, but they are still buttoned(well at least a few of them). I am going to buy a pair of nice jeans Wednesday that I can wear throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

Cravings: Nothing exciting. I still could eat my weight in sour patch kids. Coffee is something I can't even think to stomach. Also a piece of steak or chicken just doesn't appeal to me either unless it is mixed in with a salad, pasta, or on a sandwhich. Frozen yogurt has been my sweet treat!

Exercise: I am still running. Thursday morning we are running an 8k and I am really anxious to see how I do. I know I can run straight without stopping, but I have SERIOUSLY slowed the pace down. I have read that this was a natural reaction and it is your bodies way of not letting you over do it.

Feeling: Other than the cold I have I feel great! No sickness any more and I have energy to stay up past 7 pm! I do have the frumpy feeling in my stomach. I am in that you don't really look pregnant stage, you just look like you have enjoyed a few too many pumpkin spice krispy kreme doughnuts.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this belly that is starting to make it's debut! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I love the little baby bump, "BUMP" <3 I love reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are glowing my dear. Beautiful in every way. Tell Reece Mimi loves him today! Oh, I love you too!

    ReplyDelete