Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 19

Gender: Boy


Name: Reece Allen Carrigan


Meaning: Running. I loved this name before I knew the meaning. Whitney sent me a picture one morning of the name Reece along with the meaning. Once I showed Scott he said since I ran the half marathon pregnant, and love to run, the name only seemed fitting. Allen is Scott's middle name, and the Carrigan family name will continue with Reece.


Movement: Halloween was the first time I felt this little guy move. It was such an amazing feeling and one that cannot be described. At first I thought it was my heart beating in my stomach, but once I laid still I realized it was the baby moving. My reaction was a huge goofy smile on my face while laughing, and getting teary eyed at the same. At night when I lay still I can feel a few movements. Every time I feel him I get just as excited as the time before.


Weight: I think I have gained between 4 or 5 pounds. I will get weighted next Tuesday and know for sure.


Clothing: I can still fit into my normal clothes. I am really stretching the limits with this one. My pants keep getting tighter and tighter, I know the full use of the belly band will occur before the week is over.


Cravings: Sour things. I could sit down and eat my weight in Sour straws, Sour patch kids, lemons, or limes. I crave fruit all the time. I am not in the mood for grilled chicken or coffee.


Exercise: My goal is to run as long as I am able. Scott and I just signed up this evening to run the 8K Turkey Trott Thanksgiving morning. The difference about working out while pregnant is that I no longer get energized from running. Instead afterwards I could lay down and take a nap. Needless to say I feel great while I exercise and am not pushing myself to the point of exhaustion.


1 comment: