Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Trott

Thanksgiving morning started with an 8k run with Scott, mom, and Chris. What a wonderful way to start out Thanksgiving. We headed to South Park with 8,000 other runners ready to work up an appetite. This run was really a lot of fun. The homes in South Park you run by are beautiful and the hills are a little less than to be desired. Along the run people in the neighborhoods were out cheering on all of the runners. There was one family that had a table set up with bloody mary drinks and vodka shots. If Scott and I are still in Charlotte next year we will be running the Turkey Trot again.
Everyone standing around a few minutes before the gun went off. When the gun did go off there were so many people standing around talking it caught us all by surprise.
After the run. Scott swears this is as far as he will run. He also said he would never run anything farther than a 5k. We will see what kind of convincing I can do.
Roo and Colby came out to cheer us on!
Scott doesn't have a metal because he didn't want to be a geek and wear one around.

All four of us finished the run, which was everyone's goal. Mom and I both ran faster than our goal. I was feeling surprisingly great Thursday morning and ran a 9:13 pace. I finished in 46:05.
Next weekend the whole family will run the Mistletoe run in W-S.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration Bump. We certainly wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for you. This was a wonderful way to start our Thanksgiving day together. We have so very much to be thankful for indeed.
    I love you babydoll and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! I'll be happy to finish my 5k in that time! And I'm not even kidding! Haha! I'm pretty sure I'm not cut out for running...but you've still been quite the inspiration for me to even be trying it.

    ReplyDelete