Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chicken Soup


This weekend Scott and I have both had a head cold:( Scott got it first and passed it off to me, for that I am ever so grateful, NOT! Today after church chicken noodle soup sounded so good for lunch. I thought I would give it a try and make my own soup. I looked at a couple of different recipes to come up with my own.

Ingredients:
1 rotisserie chicken from the deli section
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water with chicken bouillon cube
1 1/2 cups carrots
1 1/2 cups celery
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 bay leaves

Let the above ingredients cook in a pot for an hour. Then add the egg white wide noodles. I added 3/4 of the bag and there were a lot of noodles. You may want to use less if you want yours with more broth. I let the noodles cook in the soup for about 15 - 20 minutes.

I promise this is the best chicken noodle soup you will ever had.

**Disclaimer. I didn't measure my spices I just added them, but this is an approximate guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment