Sunday, November 13, 2011

Reece's Bedding

Mom and I went to Mary Jo's in Gastonia Friday in search of fabric for Reece's bedding. Scott and I had looked all over the internet and couldn't find what we wanted. Since mom is a wonderful seamstress I thought it would be really special if Reece had bedding made by his Gi-Gi. I asked mom if she would make his bedding for us, and of course she said yes.
I thought it would be really easy to pick out his bedding, but I was sorely mistaken. We had walked around Mary Jo's for about 15-20 mins. and I was beginning to get really discouraged. Everything was either too girly or too cheesy. Mom kept telling me when I saw the fabric I would just know that it was the one. I was beginning to think even the largest fabric store in NC would have what I wanted. But then I walked by a table where two sisters had just laid down their fabrics and there it was. The fabric I knew was the one! So we patiently "stalked" the ladies until they were finished with the fabric.
Mom was very patient with me as we searched the store for the perfect fabrics for Reece's quilt. I am not exactly sure what kind of pattern mom is using for his quilt but I know it will be perfect. She is also making his bumper pad, pillow(s), and window treatment.
Scott and I are still deciding on his crib. We have narrowed it down to two options, let us know which one you like best.

Above fabric will be the main fabric used on his quilt and will be the outside fabric
of his bumper.
Crib 1 above
Crib 2 below
Which one do you like best?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors! I like crib #1! But I don't think you could go wring with either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric! Love both cribs, but I think I'm also partial to #1. Can't wait to see sweet Reece in one of those cribs and precious bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 is my favorite. Fabric is handsome :) Awe Reece is a lucky little man.

    ReplyDelete