Tuesday, December 20, 2011

25 weeks and growing


Isn't the picture so much better with the dog that desperately needs a haircut? We are growing it out so she can donate it to locks of love for dogs.
Week: 25 and 1 day

Gender: Boy. Reece Allen Carrigan.

Size: He is now the size of a rutabaga. At approximately 13.5 inches long and over 1.5 lbs he continues to grow. Reece keeps a steady heart beat at 143.

Movement: His moves are much stronger and defiantly more noticeable. I can now feel him during the day. I have also noticed a pattern in his movements. He moves at night when I lay down and in the morning when I wake up. What makes his movement so different this week is that I can feel him kicking and punching(stretching) his arms at the same time. There are kicks in the bottom left side of my stomach and punches in the top right side of my ribs. I have decided that he is laying at an angle and seems to be quite comfortable. The best kick was while I was laying on the sofa with Trixy in my lap. Her bottom was up against my stomach when Reece started kicking. Her little butt would go up in the air. She turned her head around to look at me with this what in the world is going on expression. Next time I hope to be able to record Reece already annoying his older sister.

Clothes: My next door neighbor delivered Christmas early this year. In March she had her last child. Sunday she gave me a rubbermaid and bag full of maternity clothes! I have only gone out and gotten a few things, so she more than tripled my clothing collection:) Right now my biggest problem is finding workout clothes to wear. If you go up a size it is baggy all over except for in the stomach and still seems too short. I found a company that sells maternity workout clothing and was contemplating buying a unitard. But once I really thought about it I decided I didn't want people to stop going to the Y just so they wouldn't run into me.

Exercise: Every time I run I thank God that I am still able to run and be active. I am still running, cycling, lifting weights, and doing the elliptical. Also once a week I do a short prenatal yoga workout I downloaded offline. Which is my exercise for tonight along with some strength training:) A fellow pregnant co-worker asked me yesterday if I was still lifting weights. She said she remembers how her 8 lb. baby would make her arms tremble after holding her so long. So to keep my arms toned for Reece I am still doing my much dreaded exercise....arms!

Interesting facts: #1. Spider veins are continuing to grow on my left leg. When I wear my compression tights to run my veins seem to be better and not as dark.
#2. In case you couldn't tell I am carrying Reece very low. Sometimes when I stand up he is putting so much pressure on my bladder I think I won't be able to make it to the restroom.
#3. My hair is getting thicker. Or I am not shedding as much. Either way it seems to be a bonus right now. I do know that it will fall out after he is born, but I can enjoy it while it lasts.
#4. Scott and I registered Sunday at Babies R Us. We were there for 2.5 hours and completely overwhelmed. I had to call on an expert who was our life saver while registering. Cambria created a registry list for us to follow. Without this Reece would have a stroller, car seat, play yard, and breast pump. Thank you Cambria for all of your help!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Loving that everything is :) Hooray for Cambria and her help!! I cannot imagine trying to figure out all that baby stuff without coaching! You are carrying like Geoff's sister {Sue} ~ long waisted ladies have luck in the preggo world.. cause you don't have a baby shoved up into your diaphragm. So happy for you & Scott <3 Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so welcome for the assistance! And you look absolutely beautiful! Love you and soooo happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete