Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An afternoon in Old Salem


For me Old Salem is a childhood memory. I remember going there on field trips in elementary school and going with my family. One of my fondest memories was the candle tea at Christmas time. As a family we decided to do the candle tea after we ran the Mistletoe. After standing in line for 40 minutes we learned we had another 1 hour and 30 min. wait. We all decided that we would rather walk thru the shops, visit the bakery, and take pictures than stand in line for over 2 hours.

We did not regret our decision and had just as much fun walking around the town and having our own family photo session. Next year we might try to show up a little bit earlier to hopefully beat the rush. But until next year we have a lot of memories from Saturday's visit to Old Salem.

Ahhhhh. The best bakery for sugar cake, sugar cookies, and lovefeast buns.

Mom and Chris really enjoyed the longhorn player.
Building in Old Salem.
So nothing has changed. I cannot tell you how many pictures we have of Ashley doing this while trying to take pictures. Some things never change. She does make picture taking quite comical.
My sisters and I.
Do you even need to guess?
There are really no words.

What is one of your favorite family Christmas memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment