Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Last Sunday Scott and I headed up to Motsinger Farm in Sparta in search of the perfect Christmas tree! Last year we had snow while picking out our tree. No snow this year, but it was chilly and a little windy. Perfect weather to walk around the mountain to find the tree for Christmas 2011.
Picking out a Christmas tree with me can be a daunting task. It has to be tall, full, straight, and perfect. So this year Scott decided in order to move along the tree picking process he was going to voice his opinion on the trees. I was really surprised at first, but then he said he didn't want to be there all day finding a tree so he thought he would help me out.

Scott making sure the tree wasn't going to fall off on our way home. I think he tied the tree down for almost 10 minutes. This was going nowhere.

Once home and the tree up we started transforming our home. We put the tree in a new location in hopes that not being beside the fireplace means it wouldn't dry out as quickly. This year we have a few new decorations that I cannot wait to share with you. Some are pretty and some have a lot of meaning behind them.

TaDa
Reece's first Christmas ornament. I call him my little monkey because of how much he moves around. I found this ornament and had to buy it for him. So while we still have a few more months until we meet him, every time I look at the tree I think of him.

A Moravian star finally! Growing up every Christmas we put a Moravian star outside our front door. Being from W-S it is very common to see these hanging from homes at Christmas. I have wanted to put one up for years, but had not found the perfect star to hand inside our house. While in Old Salem with my family Ashley and I both feel in love with the same star and bought matching ones.
Banister in entry hallway.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing! Your tree is beautiful and I love Reece's ornament.

    ReplyDelete