Monday, December 12, 2011

5 years ago

5 years ago Scott and I vowed to spend the rest of our lives together and to love each other conditionally. Neither one of us can believe how quickly 5 years has gone by. We also cannot believe how much is changing in our lives.
The day I married Scott Allen I thought there was no way I could possibly love him even more than I did at that exact moment. Little did I know. Over the past 5 years, our love for each other has only continued to grow. Now with Reece Allen on the way I have fallen more in love with Scott than I ever thought possible.
So to celebrate our anniversary we headed to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. Friday we slept in and watched the Today show. Once we were ready to get up we headed out for a jog and then I made us banana nut pancakes for breakfast. We packed and then headed up the mountain.

Once we arrived at the Grove Park we headed straight to the spa where we enjoyed a relaxing and wonderful afternoon. Friday evening I was treated to an 80 minute maternity massage. Reece and I both enjoyed the relaxing evening. Reece moved for the whole first half. It made it kind of hard to relax, but I enjoyed every minute.

We found a cozy spot to the right of this photo. There we enjoyed a nap, talk about the future, and reading. For a little bit we enjoyed sitting by the fire reading.

After the massage I met back up with Scott and we headed up to our room. It was after 9 so we decided to order room service and call it an evening. Spending the day together away from phones, computers, dogs, work, and house work was just what we needed!

Saturday we started off the morning with a quick work out at the gym. We needed to burn off a few advanced calories we were about to consume at the breakfast buffet. For breakfast we throughly enjoyed ourselves and the delicious food we ate.

For the first time we skipped the Biltmore Estate. Instead we spent the day shopping at the Biltmore Village and then going to downtown Asheville. Our highlight of the day was the last store we went to, Olive and Kickin'. Here we sampled balsamic vinegars and olive oils. We brought home a traditional balsamic vinegar, jalapeno white balsamic vinegar, tuscan olive oil, and lemon olive oil.
After shopping we went back to our room and got ready for the evening. We had an early dinner seating at 6pm, which worked out perfectly because we skipped lunch. We were so full from breakfast we weren't hungry until dinner anyways. We ate at Sunset Terrace where we enjoyed a delicious meal and wonderful service. Scott got the crab cakes which where made with all crab meat. Oh my they were the best crab cakes we have ever eaten. I had an almond encrusted trout with crab meat on top. For dessert we split pumpkin cheesecake.

We were so full from dinner we needed to walk around the hotel. Lucky for us they had the gingerbread houses stationed all over. Once our tummies weren't so miserable we quickly grabbed two rocking chairs in front of the fireplace and rocked for a while.
There we were entertained by the man that tended to the fire. None of us would want his job, but he certainly did a great job keeping the fire going and entertaining us at the same time.
Now that is a serious flame.

More pictures from Sunday to come in a later post.

2 comments:

  1. I remember your wedding like yesterday! Beautiful bride and such a fun night of dancing. Time flies!! Love your pictures from grove park <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you love each other. Never once in your life have I worried that you would be cared for. I love being able to call Scott Alen my son. [thank you Bruce and Darlene for sharing your son with us].

    Looking forward to the next 5 years babydoll.
    much love
    mom

    ReplyDelete