Tuesday, January 3, 2012

27 weeks


Countdown: 13 weeks/90 days to go.

Baby info: Reece Allen Carrigan is 14.5" long and the size of an eggplant. He is now weighing in at over 2 pounds. His lungs are busy developing this week. His nostrils are opening and closing as well. Reece's taste buds are higher than they are going to be when he is born. He can taste the difference in sweet, sour, and salty foods.

Movement: Reece has been very active. His movements are stronger and bigger. I can now feel him during the day at work. Even if I am having a crummy day one movement from this little guy and my whole day brightens up. Funny story, the other night in bed Reece wasn't moving. Night time is Scott's time to feel him. So Scott took it upon himself to do something about it. He started thumping/poking my stomach. Reece was not very happy with his father so he punched/kicked him back. It was really funny, because right where Scott was pushing Reece poked him back.

Cravings: Grapefruit and oranges. Every day over Christmas break I had a big bowl of fruit salad including grapefruit, oranges, apples, and bananas. We have been buying oranges and grapefruit by the bag. I have finally been able to stomach coffee again!!!!!! Scott's parents bought us a Keurig for Christmas and I just had to try it out. Half and half coffee with peppermint mocha coffee creamer.

Exercise: I am so thankful I am still able to workout. My workout regimen consists of running, cycling class, elliptical, weights, and prenatal yoga. I try to run 2 or 3 days a week, cycle class is every Thursday, elliptical 1 or 2 times a week and weights in between. On days I don't make it to the gym or run I will work on my breathing with a prenatal yoga video.

Sleeping: Over break I started my restless nights. I find myself sleeping on my back which isn't the best. I constantly wake up making sure I am sleeping on my side. The other day Cambria lent me her body pillow she used while pregnant with Ali. What a life saver this pillow has been. I have slept with it the past two nights and have slept so much better.

Random Info: Scott and I have decided to do a 3d/4d ultrasound. Our appointment is January 20 at a place in Concord. Hopefully he is participating and we will be able to get some good shots. Next Wednesday I have my 28 week appointment where I do the glucose testing, ultrasound, and dr. appointment. This appointment will end the every 4 week visit. After that it will move to every 2 weeks and the last month will be every week. Oh how quickly the time is passing.

Now for the photo shoot. I REALLY hate taking pictures by myself. I tried to talk Scott into getting in the pictures with me, but you will see where that got me. So here they are the awkward pictures of me standing by myself smiling for the camera.


We couldn't leave Coby out of the photo shoot

2 comments:

  1. So glad the pillow is helping! It was a life-saver for me. And even though you may hate taking the pics...you look like a beautiful, glowing mommy-to-be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Cambria. You remind me of Sue {Geoff's sis} so much with your preggo bump... Kristie (NYC peeps) craved oranges with Sophie I remember. I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going B!

    ReplyDelete