Sunday, January 8, 2012

7th month/3rd Trimester

About 20 weeks ago this seemed so far away. Now here we are 28 weeks along and into the last trimester of this pregnancy. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every week of it so far. Especially after the first trimester of queasiness and tiredness left. You can ask me in about 10 weeks if I still feel the same way.
Scott and I feel so blessed with this gift God is giving to us. Every time we lay and watch or feel him move we can't help but smile and know this is such a gift. We find ourselves entertained by someone who still isn't here for us to hold. Scott often makes the comment "you know once he is here we are just going to sit and stare at him." This I know is going to be true. Oh how we can't wait.
Since not much has changed since last week I am changing the weekly post a little.

A few things I have learned during the past 24 weeks.

1. From the moment you find out you are going to be a mother your worrying starts. You worry about what you eat and drink. The whole time you can't feel any movement you are going by faith everything is ok. Even though Reece is very active I still worry about everything I do affecting him. I know this will continue even when he is grown and married with children of his own.

2. Your life changes. Scott and I have already started making decisions that are not just going to impact us, but will also impact Reece. I am no longer my first priority. A few examples. When I exercise I no longer push myself, because I know Reece can't handle it. As long as I am still able to exercise I am happy. Weekend nights have also changed. We used to go to the wine room about once a week. Where we would split a bottle of wine and listen to live music. This past Friday evening we found ourselves choosing to get yogurt and go home for an early evening. Yes, we know once he is here things are going to change even more.

3. What NOT to say to a pregnant lady. I know I haven't heard it all, but so far I have heard some real winners. A coworker of mine told me the other day that I was looking very pregnant that day. In the same breath she proceeded to tell me that he was sitting awfully low and wasn't it too early for him to be so low? Seriously, haven't you seen how long my torso is? I am pretty sure that might have something to do with the illusion of how low my son is sitting!!! Another favorite was after Christmas break. A few male coworkers told me I looked like I had eaten too much over break. I should have told them that my belly still wasn't as large as theirs and I have a reason why mine keeps growing. As long as my stomach continues to grow I am happy. This means Reece is getting bigger and developing into the little baby Scott and I cannot wait to hold.
To all of my friends who plan to be pregnant one day. You will be glowing and beautiful! And to those of you who continue with the sweet comments, I love you:)

4. I have fallen even more in love with my wonderfully handsome husband. Those of you that know me, know how madly in love with Scott Allen Carrigan I am. But knowing that he and I have created a child together makes me fall in love with him about 1 million times over. He has also been very sweet in all of his comments to me. He even runs with me to make sure that I am ok. He gets mad at me if I do something he thinks I shouldn't. Some of his madness is a bit overboard, but as a friend said to me "enjoy it while it lasts." He also still makes me feel beautiful. He tells me how nice I look when I feel anything but pretty. I am one lucky lady!

5. Documentation. In my last post about 27 weeks, I complained about taking pictures of myself. I decided that I could continue to stand and look like a dork and hate them, or I could embrace the picture taking. Which is just what I did this week. We found a few pictures from the web we liked and had an at home photo session. They are by no means professional quality but I think they are more beautiful than the previous pictures. The sweet dad to be also put his photoshop skills to work and created this. Get ready for more exciting pregnancy pictures for the next 12 weeks.
Upcoming doctor's appointment Wednesday with an ultrasound! Say prayers that things have moved the way in which they are suppose to.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post B. It is the sweetest "EV-AH!" I love the new picture ideas- embrace these days! You look so Beautiful! ~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete